Software Guides, Tutorials and News
Six Best Free Email Accounts and Service Providers for 2020
Email is the best form of communication, whether it is for business or personal use. It is also a powerful marketing tool. A major thing you should consider before getting an email service provider is the provider. Is it reliable? Does it offer a free plan? Does it come with additional features? Below is a list of free email service providers.
Gmail is an email service provider provided by Google. It allows you to send and receive emails. You can also access Gmail using a third-party program that synchronizes details using IMAP. It allows you to view attachments and open attachments without opening emails. You can join hangouts or Meet Chat or video calls with others. It blocks spam messages automatically. You can easily access your email via iOS and Android mobile devices. It allows you to share files up to 25 MB through email, and larger files can be shared through Google drive. You can use it for business and personal communications.
- You can access it from any device.
- It has the option to undo send for emails.
- It provides security with a two-step verification
- You can use it in offline mode
- It supports many keyboard shortcuts
- It takes time to load
- It can become difficult to manage different folders and labels at the same time.
2. Zoho mail
Zoho mail is a free and secure email service provider. It is fast, and it offers protection against fake mail. It has a control panel that allows the admin to customize the mail. It allows you to add comments in email threads, share files, and manage the task. You can integrate the Zoho CRM to drive your sales. You can use it for business and personal communications. You can migrate from Gsuite to Zoho mail.
- It allows you to tag people and share a folder with them
- It comes with an advanced search option
- You can delete and archive mail in bulk
- It is ad-free
- You can access it on any device
- It has a simple and clean design
- It has more than 50 keyboard shortcuts
- You can’t import contacts from your social media accounts
- It is only made for small businesses.
3. Proton mail
Proton mail is a free and secure email service provider. It was launched in 2014, and it is protected by the Swiss privacy law. It comes with an end to end encryption. Personal information is not needed to create an email account. You can easily access it on any device without installing the software. It is optimized to allow you to organize, read, and send an email. It can be used by both small and large organizations.
- It provides end-to-end encryption for emails.
- You can set an expiry date for emails.
- It offers features such as email filters and an autoresponder.
- It provides security for your email through encryption
- It has a mobile app for both android and iOS devices.
- It has limited storage space for the email.
- It does not provide encryption with a free account
4. Yahoo Mail
Yahoo was launched in 1994, and it is a web portal and a search engine. It provides services such as Yahoo Mail and Yahoo News. It provides a large amount of storage space, and it automatically blocks off spam messages.
- It has a good spam filter
- It is easy to find images, videos, or documents that were sent as an attachment.
- You can search for key information from your inbox
- You can connect external email accounts to Yahoo Mail.
- It is easy to use the Yahoo Calendar.
- It has fewer filters compared to other email service providers.
- It is not ad-free.
- It doesn’t support the attachment of online files.
5. iCloud mail
iCloud mail is powered by Apple and it was launched in 2011. It can only be used on your Mac computer or iOS device. It allows you to access IMAP easily. It automatically finds new messages and places them in the inbox. It provides large storage space and file-sharing capability. Also, it is easy to set up and manage your email account.
- It provides unlimited cloud storage for your files.
- It is easy to access products or services such as pages, numbers, and keynote.
- You can share files up to 5 GB.
- It offers free online space of up to 5 GB
- It is only compatible with Apple devices.
6. AOL Mail
AOL mail is a web-based free email service provider operated by Verizon Communication, AOL. Verizon acquired AOL in 2015. It has a simple mobile application to access your inbox without any interruption. It allows you to organize your email better way, and it also comes with a customized panel that allows you to focus on your work. It allows you to import contacts in any format.
- It allows you to undo the sent email, and you can do this for an email sent to other AOL addresses.
- It comes with an anti-virus application.
- It provides a spell-check system.
- You can customize the setting.
- It is easy to manage the AOL calendar.
- It comes with different themes you can use to design your email
- It has too many ads
- It does not support the attachment of online files. The file must be on your device if you want to attach it.
An Email Service Provider allows you to send and receive emails. It also helps you create and customize your templates, manage your email list, and track your email campaigns. Most email service providers are free, but some with premium features charge a certain amount of money.